Global Insight Manager | 12 month fixed term contract (maternity cover) | Bristol
A leading health and wellbeing company is looking for a Global Insight Manager to drive growth and action in brand strategy, performance, innovation, communication and activation initiatives.
Partnering with the company’s marketing functions and leading relationships with external agencies, you’ll be their expert in the global market, providing insight relevant to key markets and leading innovation within the product mix to make recommendations that inspire, provoke and support global expansion and optimise the product portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be educated to HND or Degree level and will have substantial experience in retail, marketing or research, ideally across international markets. You will be able to demonstrate expertise of managing and analysing data from multiple sources and translating them into strategic recommendations. You’ll have experience in consumer research methodologies, ideally in relation to product development.
Strategy & Planning
• Monitor and proactively identify global consumer trends.
• Use data and insight to ensure consumer needs and behaviours are being used to guide global category and brand strategy.
• Proactively identify strategic expansion opportunities and provide inspirational, actionable, and credible strategic recommendations, championing the voice of the consumer in everything we do.
• Be independent and deliver fact-based, objective views of the business and future opportunities.
• Create and execute research plans for all major innovation projects in collaboration with the marketing project lead.
• Manage a set budget for global innovation research, ensuring we’re getting the most value from our agency partners and we’re using the right investment for the right return of value to the business
• Be the expert in consumer research methodologies used to support the various stages of the innovation process. Ensure the right agencies and methodologies are considered depending on project need, size, and budget.
• Ensure all innovations have the consumer at heart, solving a real consumer need, while being commercially viable.
• Support the Product Team with ad-hoc insight to facilitate global innovation planning and development, ensuring robust opportunity identification.
• Support the creation of robust global sell-in decks for all innovations to be cascaded to local markets.
Performance & Reporting
• Efficiently share global performance with internal stakeholders through regular tracking of KPIs.
• Support the global annual KPI setting process and advise local markets on best practice.
Ways of working
• Build relationships and effectively collaborate with internal and external partners
• Collaborate with global and local CMC/category colleagues to enable access to global/local data, insight tools and reporting to identify opportunities and track performance.
• Build a network of support to ensure two-way sharing of best practice consumer research and aid awareness of recommended agencies/methodologies to utilise.
• Liaise with external data providers to develop services to better meet our requirements and to improve data accuracy.
• Ensure access to data sources across the marketing team through internal and external agency online portals and dashboards.
• Champion Mission, Aims, Objectives and Values.
• Participate in appraisal processes ensuring own personal development and contributing to the overall performance of the Insight team.
• Ensure equality of opportunity is maintained and respected at all times in accordance with the appropriate policies and procedures.
• Work co-operatively with colleagues.
• Comply with the statutory provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
• Actively participate in opportunities to communicate internally including attending team meetings.
• Make full use of technology for all appropriate tasks.
• Demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly with others to respond to needs of an evolving organisation.
• Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
• Perform any other duties as directed by management.
• Educated to HND or Degree level (or equivalent)
Knowledge & Experience
• Substantial relevant experience in retail, marketing or research agency.
• Proven experience of managing and analysing data from multiple sources and crafting into commercial arguments and strategic recommendations.
• Experience in qualitative and quantitative consumer research methodologies, ideally in relation to product development.
• Confident user of continuous market data.
• Experience of analysis and insight across international markets is desirable.
Skills & Competences
• Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
• Highly numerate with the ability to analyse and interpret market, category & consumer data, to create compelling fact based (rather than fact-filled) arguments, combined with wider consumer and market understanding.
• Seek out new and improved sources of insight, able to pull insight from varied data sources to make well considered recommendations.
• Proactively seek out & find commercial opportunities
• Apply strategic thinking to see through a mass of data (from multiple sources and of varying quality) to find the key arguments.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Able to efficiently communicate key findings and recommendations in a straightforward way to senior stakeholders and peers both conversationally and in formal presentation style.
• Able to work effectively as part of a remote team with customers and contacts around the world.
• Broad commercial understanding, gained within a consumer research environment.
• Ability to deliver objectivity, truth and challenge in a positive manner.
• Working knowledge of International languages (esp German or French) is desirable, but not essential.
• Show passion for understanding data and consumers and able to share insights in a meaningful way across the business.
• You will be confident, have a methodical approach to tasks and a high attention to detail, so you’re able to get things right the first time.
• You will be an independent thinker, a quick learner and able to proactively identify and solve potential problems.
• Unflappable in the face of obstacles or changing priorities and able to use any such situations to wow and exceed expectations.
• Comfortable working in a small, fast paced and high growth business, as well as within a large and growing network of colleagues.
• Strong drive to generate new initiatives & see them through to action, and able to embrace change positively.
• A positive attitude and can-do outlook to keep stakeholders motivated and inspired to work together.
• Self-motivated and success orientated, loves working in a team whilst able to work independently.