A specialist education group that develops talent within the experience and hospitality industry is seeking an experienced Business Analyst (Power BI) to join their Marketing and Enrolment Team. This is a critical role for the successful transformation of the team's tech stack into a data lake environment, and for the switch from Tableau to Power BI for Visual Analytics.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years in an equivalent role, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of Power BI Reporting, DAX Programming, and Power BI Data Modelling.
You must be able to work under pressure, and have the ability to prioritise adhoc requests. The successful candidate will also be able to verify source data against Power BI dashboards for accuracy.
The key stakeholders for this role are the CRM Specialist, CRM Superusers (Admin, Sales and Paid Digital), and a Data Specialist. This role will form the bridge between the Data Specialist and Analytics Manager.
This is a hybrid role which requires 2 days per week at a London based office.
- Data reconciliation: understand, investigate and correct variances between source data (Salesforce / Data Warehouse) and output data (in excel or Power BI dashboards).
- Use DAX to extend the analytical capabilities of the data model behind the Power BI Dashboards.
- Create new and maintain existing excel extracts based on the Data Mart.
- Visual Analytics: Develop, enhance and optimise Power BI reports and datasets.
- Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality. Liaise with CRM Manager to investigate issues as they arise.
- Prepare excel reports based on Analytics Manager’s requests.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources (marketing channels) and maintain databases/data systems.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in an equivalent Business Analyst role in an international environment.
- Expert knowledge of DAX and reporting tool Power BI.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is preferable.
- Power BI Data Modelling
- Power BI DAX Programming Language
- Power BI Advanced Data Visualisation skills
- An understanding of performance optimisation in Power BI
- ETL tool skills preferable.
- Ability to analyse, reconcile, model and interpret data.
- Understand requirements and efficiently make recommendations.
- A methodical and logical approach.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal and Teamworking skills.
- An enthusiastic and ambitious attitude to data.
- Written and verbal communication skills / Fluent in English.