A global data, marketing and IT consultancy is looking to hire a Data Scientist to support and deliver a wide range of supervised and unsupervised learning projects using behavioural, transactional, digital and demographic data sources.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a strong team with a dynamic group of analysts, data scientists and commercially savvy business development consultants. You will work with some of the biggest and innovative brands in the UK across utilities, gaming, publishing, retail and consumer packaged goods, leisure, financial services and beyond.
The ideal candidate will possess technical know-how in regards to statistics, mathematics and coding languages. Just as importantly, you will be comfortable in scoping, presenting and explaining recommendations to clients.
- Lead the delivery of a wide range of bespoke data science projects, using a range of environments and machine learning techniques, ensuring they are delivered on budget, on time and on scope.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of company data and in-house systems.
- Work alongside a variety of internal teams, from sales and account managers, through to statisticians and database technicians.
- Present your own work to client stakeholders in a way that is insightful, meets the objectives, and is tailored to the audience.
- Contribute to innovation initiatives within the team, which constantly seek to improve efficiencies, develop new propositions, and research new ideas.
- Support and mentor other members of the team as we continue to migrate from SAS to Python and on-site to AWS.
- Scope projects and write proposals.
- Proven experience and track record of turning data and analysis into actionable insights in a marketing environment
- Over 5 years of experience in a commercial environment
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in an approachable manner, both written and verbally
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning and deep learning techniques and how to apply them
- Excellent knowledge of supervised and unsupervised techniques
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Python
The ideal candidate will also have some of the following:
- Good knowledge of econometric and attribution modelling
- Good knowledge of cloud solutions such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and AWS
- Knowledge of digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- You have successfully delivered numerous data science solutions
- You are a strong communicator - written/verbal English, you will have strong organisational skills and will be comfortable juggling delivery across multiple projects
- You have high levels of personal motivation
- You are a logical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You are a team player
- Highly motivated self-starter
Unlike many organisations, promotions can happen twice a year. This gives you more opportunity to progress. People get promoted on merit when they are ready. This means that your career is completely in your own hands and there is never a ceiling for your progress.
Everyone’s career path is different. They welcome people exploring different areas and trying out new skillsets. Just because you start off down one path doesn’t mean you are committed to it indefinitely. You’ll have the freedom to carve your own career path.
The key to their success is teamwork and collaboration and that tends to work best when staff are in the office working together. That said, they fully appreciate that everyone leads busy lives and we can’t always be in the office. This is why they embrace flexible working. Covid-19 has changed the way they work, and they’ll update their flexible working policy as the situation stabilises.
Your development is key and is a top priority for the team. They offer 3 types of training: externally run consulting courses, externally run bespoke courses and internal courses. Everyone has different training requirements which means everyone has their own training plan. A bespoke training plan will be created for you when you join.
There are a wide range of benefits on offer to support you. They have a comprehensive list of schemes ranging from pension plans, to health and wellness policies, in addition you can opt into a selection of flexible benefits to meet your personal needs.
- Pension contributions up to 5% (matched by employee and employer)
- Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Private Health Insurance from 2nd anniversary
- Sickness & Disability income protection from 3rd anniversary
- On site gym membership