London | Permanent | £48k
Our client who operates in the charity sector is looking for a CRM Developer to help analyse, design, develop, test, and manage data integration solutions within their CRM and BI platforms.
Working alongside both internal and external teams, you’ll review, develop and communicate new data flows in line with best practice standards and agreed protocols to meet operational and analytical requirements.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in database data management and software specification, development and testing. You’ll be able to demonstrate ability in the use of SQL, SSIS, ETL, bulk data manipulation, import procedures and programming languages.
You will be a good communicator and possess strong documentation skills in order to develop and maintain a library of custom processes and documentation including requirement briefs, design documents, data flows, technical specifications, and user documentation.
Development and management of data flows.
- Follow agreed protocols for new data flows to meet operational and analytical requirements.
- Develop automated data validation, cleaning and import processes to increase efficiency and accuracy of data upload.
- Develop, agree, and communicate the commissioning of new data flows with data teams and/or external suppliers.
Development and testing of data integration solution.
- Analyse, specify, design, develop and maintain processes for data integration with the CRM platform and data warehouse solution.
- Work with the Data Integration team and/or external suppliers to review and develop best practice and standards.
- Ensure that solution delivered is developed in a way which is technically consistent with and exploits, where possible, best practice.
- Produce test plans and perform unit and systems tests of developed solutions. Ensure test plan correlate to requirements and document results.
- Develop and maintain a library of custom processes and documentation. To include requirement briefs, design documents, data flows, technical specifications, and where applicable user documentation.
Management of data integrated into CRM platform and BI solution.
- Interpret business requirements from stakeholders to advise and develop business intelligence and reporting solutions.
- Ensure successful deployment of BI solutions into production and conforms to agreed processes.
- Monitor implementation of processes and manage exceptions.
- Report issues with external suppliers and manage/implement resolutions.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrable knowledge and ability in the use of:
- Relational databases and the use of SQL.
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Bulk data manipulation and import procedures.
- A procedural programming language such as VB, C# or Java.
- Software test planning and execution.
- Data integration software suites.
- Ideally a degree in Maths or IT discipline.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- At least 3 years’ experience in database data management role.
- At least 5 years’ experience of software specification, development, and testing. Including profiling SQL queries and performance tuning.
- Extensive ETL experience, with advanced T-SQL transformation abilities.
- Experience of managing relationships with data providers (internal and/or external)
- Experience of data integration using the Talend data integration suite and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).