London | Permanent | £55k
A digital consulting and agency businesses. The group brings together services from our four agency and consulting businesses. Together they offer clients three core capabilities: data & analytics; creative communications & experience and technology & automation. We bring expertise to clients looking to adapt and thrive in today’s world. We offer deep strategic value engaging throughout our client’s businesses to bring together marketing and business operations.
This is a pre-sales role working within to support our sales and CRD teams in articulating, presenting and proposing solutions that will add value to us and our clients. To be a member of the team that are the subject matter experts in our products and services, and how they will benefit our clients’ businesses.
A client facing role, a Solution Design Consultant is equally comfortable interacting with client business (non-technical) stakeholders as they are with internal technical development and delivery staff. The types of solutions proposed by a solution design consultant include all of, or a selection of the following components:
- Campaign management / Martech platforms
- Database Services (Cloud, On prem or Our hosting solution)
- Data Engineering (ETL/ELT)
- Multi-channel communications
- Website and marketing campaign websites
- Analysis and data visualisation solutions
- Digital Asset Management
- Workflow technology
The Solution Design Consultant is often expected to lead Consultancy projects with clients, encompassing subjects such as:
- Digital Transformation
- Target Operating Models related to marketing technology solutions
- GAP Analysis
- Martech SWOT analysis
- Data and martech Audits
Solution Consultants are primarily expected to be involved in the scoping and commercial documentation of appropriate new solutions (presales). Often it is appropriate for the Solution Design Consultant to cover the post sales scoping and documentation for the implementation of the project they have been leading from a pre-sales perspective.
- Client meetings/calls to identify client challenges and requirements.
- The creations of proposal documents and their associated commercial models.
- Presentations: Build and present in a pre-sales environment.
- Martech platform demonstrations and presentations.
- Taking a lead or supporting role in billable consultancy engagements.
- Working with applicable development, operations, analytics and planning teams when designing solutions.
- Working as part of a virtual team set-up for specific bids and tenders.
- Owning the relationship with specific marketing technology partners from a commercial/pre-sales and roadmap perspective.
- Maintaining the team Pre-sales and project logs to track work.
- Complete timesheets.
- Comfortable client facing, often at board level.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- 5+ years pre sales/consultancy experience.
- Strong technical (pre-sales) knowledge in Marketing Technology, Database solutions, Multi-channel CCM platforms, Database marketing, CRM and SaaS solutions. You should be comfortable proposing to clients, and briefing into the business projects of this nature.
- Proven success in pre-sales scoping.
- An inquisitive mind with the creativity and flexibility to identify the right solution to business problems.
- Experience of using campaign management and data visualisation products such as one or more of the following: Adobe Experience Cloud, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Acoustic, Apteco.
- Faststats, Tableau, MS Power BI (or similar products) would be beneficial.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams whilst balancing issues and risk.