Lead Data Engineer | Remote (with travel to Bath) | £70K - £80K + 10 – 15% bonus | unlimited holiday
I’m looking for a talented Lead Data Engineer on behalf of a Global multi-platform media company. Data is central to everything this organisation does and is part of every decision.
The team are on a journey to build a best in class data capability, that meet the needs of this fast pace dynamic business. As Lead Data Engineer you will be responsible for the acquisition, processing, storage and security of data through to support the business with BI, reporting & analytics capabilities.
You will be provide leadership to the other Data Engineers within the team to ensure a successful and efficient data infrastructure. You will play a pivotal role in providing support and technical and architectural direction of the team.
- You will responsible for the successful implementation of data projects and new features on the data platform
- You will also have responsibility for reliable and cost-effective operation of the data platform
- You will support the Data team in the design, implementation and support of the data platform
- You will work with senior team members across Tech and Data to architect a best-in-class data platform that supports the companies growing aspirations
- You will lead by example while using established software engineering practices and principles
What do I need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience building and operating big data platforms (Google Cloud Platform ideally but Azure or AWS)
- Proficiency in Python or another general purpose language
- 2+ years of experience in cloud based technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Experience of using Python on Google Cloud Platform for Big Data projects
- Demonstrated strength in data modelling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Familiarity with statistical models and/or data mining algorithms and practical experience of applying these to business problems