As a Lead Consultant you will lead a team of consultants in helping our clients achieve their aims of enriching their customer experiences using Salesforce Marketing Cloud. You will work across the full transformational journey including business requirements gathering, technology selection and enablement, migration and operationalisation of the software.
The Platform Enablement team is responsible for delivery of the following services:
- Front-end platform configuration
- Campaign/journey migration
- New client onboarding and transition to Managed Service team based on WoW
- In-house client team set-up
- Platform-user role definitions, career frameworks, placement and training
- Process design and operational handbooks
- Deployment of workflow and MI tools
- Platform usability audit and optimisation
You will act as a Salesforce evangelist helping grow the practice within the business and work closely with other Principal Consultants to evolve our offering and deliverables.
As a Lead Consultant, you will be responsible for leading the discovery, definition and execution of our client’s strategic priorities for the SFMC platform. As a SFMC expert, you will utilise industry and product best practices when it comes to data structure in subscriber data management, navigating the marketing cloud setup, initiating functional and non-functional platform improvements and their delivery to both the client and internal teams.
You will take on an advisory role when it comes to integrating SFMC with other platforms by offering broad knowledge of different modules and functionalities within SFMC and engaging with technical solution architects when it comes to defining solution and data architecture decisions.
Through your extensive hands-on experience with SFMC, you will lead on requirements gathering and initial documentation of client deliverables, designing and implementing a high-level platform configuration plan to translate complex business needs into clear, measurable, reportable initiatives and tasks.
You will look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems and propose improvements to existing consultancy processes and models.
You’ll act as the Lead Consultant on any new client campaign project, offering support in the following remit:
- Demonstrate skills and expertise required to put together data and segmentation strategy for the customer and recommend appropriate customer skill sets required to utilize the application
- Take ownership of the migration and implementation planning – plan the lift and shift of campaigns from one tool to another, working closely with the client’s project team to capture, document and translate business requirements to actionable tasks
- Offer best practice and standardization advice regarding Campaign design – utilize relevant modules withing Marketing Cloud and develop new campaign briefs, journeys, diagrams and campaign lifecycle documentation for both peers/colleagues and clients
- Data design – display excellent understanding of the client’s data requirements and availability to support campaign execution during workshops, meetings and day to day activities
- Campaign operations stage gate – act as a gate keeper to best practice campaign process adoption including campaign RACI and ways of working (WoWs) ensuring the platform is fit for purpose
- Campaign execution support – defining and communicating project responsibilities and expectations while independently building, testing, QAing, delivering, measuring customer journeys, sometimes across multiple client accounts
- Governance and control – lead on QA, testing, proofing, peer review tasks and their continuous optimisation
- Training – buddying, desk-side support, bespoke campaign training, technical skills assessment and benchmarking
- Best practice consultancy – stay on top of industry news, optimisation techniques, controls, measurement, DPA and privacy, GDPR
You could also lead a team of 2-4 Campaign Consultants (pending agreement and opportunities to do so); providing training and support to the team as and when required, discussing career progression and opportunities to grow as solution experts.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
What we are looking for?
- Circa 7 year of experience of manipulating, segmenting, selecting data and activating customers through Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC certification preferred)
- Experience of leading migration projects from start to finish across all project stages (from discovery to closure)
- Previous responsibility of managing day to day client relationships with the ability to carefully manage client expectations and build excellent working relationships
- Experience in assessing client requirements, providing recommendations and estimating cost of delivery
- Good understanding of relational data and database marketing, campaign and reporting tools
- Excellent written/verbal communication and time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills to deliver against the required deadline
- Excellent attention to detail and appreciation of need to follow process/treat data securely
- Good team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly
- Previous experience of managing a small campaign team desirable